PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Top bar application menu items covered by new Activities display in 18.04

dwilde1
August 27th, 2018, 04:19 PM
My Firefox browser and other applications used to be set up the old Ubuntu way with application menu items displaying in the Gnome top bar. Too many were broken when I tied to select for these command drop-downs to be displayed within the App Window.

Unfortunately, the new 18.04 Activities bar wipes out all those application menus!

How to fix?

TYVM, in advance!

coralof
August 27th, 2018, 07:36 PM
You should be able to right-click somewhere in the top bar in Firefox near the tabs and select 'Menu Bar'. That should reveal all the application menus.

dwilde1
August 29th, 2018, 04:09 PM
I don't see it, Coralof. I only see the move - resize, etc.See screenshot attached. I had to really reduce it to get it to attach without overwhelming the attacher; hope you can see it.

coralof
August 29th, 2018, 08:37 PM
This is what I see. You have to specifically click in the empty gray space next to the tabs.

coralof
August 29th, 2018, 08:40 PM
This is what the result is afterwards.

dwilde1
August 29th, 2018, 11:26 PM
Of all the silly things. Yes, it works, but I would never have found that on my own because I have browser set to restore tabs every time... and I use a lot of tabs.

Is there any other way to do this?

howefield
August 29th, 2018, 11:29 PM
...Is there any other way to do this?

Pressing the Alt key ?

dwilde1
August 29th, 2018, 11:29 PM
Found it on Mozilla support. Under Customize, there's a Menu Bar option set at the _bottom_ of the menu page.