PDA

View Full Version : RPi GPIO Library on Ubuntu Snappy Core

xav38
August 21st, 2018, 03:33 PM
Hello,

I started to play with ubuntu core to make a simple monitoring tools. To comply with my poor level and lack of time for developping it, I would like to run Node-Red on Ubuntu Core (that's working), the problem is I can't install the RPi GPIO library to access to them via Node-Red.
I installed the Classic Snap to run those commands :

sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
sudo apt-get install python-pip python-dev
sudo pip install RPi.GPIO

Everything run smoothly except the last one. When I running it, I'm stuck with that :

Collecting RPi.GPIO
Downloading https://files.pythonhosted.org/packages/e2/58/6e1b775606da6439fa3fd1550e7f714ac62aa75e162eed29db ec684ecb3e/RPi.GPIO-0.6.3.tar.gz
Installing collected packages: RPi.GPIO
Running setup.py install for RPi.GPIO ... error
Complete output from command /usr/bin/python -u -c "import setuptools, tokenize;__file__='/tmp/pip-build-QRZKqJ/RPi.GPIO/setup.py';exec(compile(getattr(tokenize, 'open', open)(__file__).read().replace('\r\n', '\n'), __file__, 'exec'))" install --record /tmp/pip-OqtqFt-record/install-record.txt --single-version-externally-managed --compile:
running install
running build
running build_py
creating build
creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7
creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/RPi
copying RPi/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/RPi
creating build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/RPi/GPIO
copying RPi/GPIO/__init__.py -> build/lib.linux-armv7l-2.7/RPi/GPIO
running build_ext
building 'RPi._GPIO' extension
creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7
creating build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/source
arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc -pthread -DNDEBUG -g -fwrapv -O2 -Wall -Wstrict-prototypes -fno-strict-aliasing -Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2 -g -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -fPIC -I/usr/include/python2.7 -c source/py_gpio.c -o build/temp.linux-armv7l-2.7/source/py_gpio.o
unable to execute 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc': No such file or directory
error: command 'arm-linux-gnueabihf-gcc' failed with exit status 1

Unfortunately, google seems not to be my friend on that, so I'm turning on the community.

Thanks by advance.

Xavier.

QIII
August 22nd, 2018, 08:17 PM
Hello!

Please use code tags to enclose terminal commands and messages. That preserves formatting and makes your posts easier to read.

To use code tags, either:

1. Click the # button above the text entry box, place your cursor between the code tags that appear and type or paste your text. Alternatively, type or paste your text, highlight it and click the # button.

2. Type
before your text and following it. The square brackets are required.

Cheers!