PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Cannot paste account details into google online accounts setup pane

dogfoobar
August 7th, 2018, 05:00 PM
Hi

So I'm running stock ubuntu 18.04.1. I tried to setup the google online account from Settings --> Online accounts --> Google.

I cannot paste either my username or password into the account dialogue either using right click paste, ctrl+c or middle mouse button.

This is a problem becasue i use a password manager and need to copy paste absurdly complex passwords. No I have not intention of solving the problem by simplifying them.

I did note that I could paste into the Ubuntu one dialogue. If it do this then i can also paste the last thing I copied into the google account dialogue. This reverts to broken as soon as I copy a new thing.

Thanks

edadasiewicz
August 8th, 2018, 04:10 PM
I just tried on my Google account and had no problems hi-lighting and middle-clicking from a terminal window. Is it something with your password manager? I would try copy/paste from the password manager into vim (or whatever editor you use) and then from the editor into the Google setup to try and determine what is causing the problem.

dogfoobar
August 11th, 2018, 02:39 AM
Well i tried from a few apps and it didn't work. Only copy pasting from the terminal seems to work. Thanks for that.

oldos2er
August 11th, 2018, 07:01 PM
Hi dogfoobar, what password manager are you using?