PDA

View Full Version : First boot of raspberry pi 3 using 18.04.1 stuck at start job for Network Service

amargs
July 29th, 2018, 10:54 AM
Hello! This is my first post so I'm sorry if this isn't the most appropriate sub-forum.

On friday I installed Ubuntu 18.04.1 on my raspberry pi 3, following the wiki instructions and making the necessary changes that were mentioned there. It did boot and I was able to use it, but I ran into some network problems that weren't present when I tested the same SD card on my raspberry pi 2, so I attempted to reinstall it. This time around things didn't go great, I'm not able to finish a boot. It gets stuck in "a start job is running for Network services" and timeout keeps getting extended up to 7 minutes and something, after that I'm presented with a loop of "Failed to start network Service", "Stopped Network Service", "Starting Network Service". I'm not able to do anything at all. Tested the same sd card on my rpi2 again, it is able to complete the boot.

Any ideas on what might be happening and how can I fix it?
I haven't provided any logs because I'm not sure which ones could be useful and I can't really take anything out from that pi really, but I suppose that if I move the sd card to the rpi2 I can retrieve some info.

Thank you!