PDA

View Full Version : wallpaper changed

recycleyourself
July 25th, 2018, 04:05 PM
Hello,

My first post as an Unbutu user. I've used Mint for several years, but my desktop at work didn't seem to like Mint, so I've been using Ubuntu for 6 months.

The problem I'm having is that when I select a background for desktop (from the default backgrounds or my pictures folder) within several minutes Ubuntu has switched to a different background. I do see some backgrounds with "changes throughout the day" clock overlaid on the thumbnail of the various pictures available, but I'm not picking one of those. Why is Ubuntu changing my background every 5-10min if I've not selected a "changes throughout the day" pictures?

I"m using 16.04 LTS. I have also re-booted.

Thanks for any help offered!

gdesilva
July 30th, 2018, 04:22 AM
Most likely you have checked the 'change the background' option in your Desktop Settings.

recycleyourself
July 30th, 2018, 06:13 PM
Where is the 'change the background" option in Desktop settings? Actually where is 'Desktop settings' in Ubuntu? I can right-click to 'change the background' which then takes me to Settings->Appearance. I'd post a screenshot, but this won't let me upload from my computer, just a URL. I definitely have not clicked on a "changes throughout the day" background.

0xd3bugd
August 2nd, 2018, 08:11 AM
Most likely you have checked the 'change the background' option in your Desktop Settings.

or accidentally set a cronjob to go through a folder perhaps?

gdesilva
August 9th, 2018, 03:21 AM
Sorry, cannot help you as I do not have copy of the Ubuntu 16.04 to check things out. I would look around in System Settings, Desktop Settings.