PDA

View Full Version : TV Show embarrassment to be caught watching?

TheFu
July 12th, 2018, 06:06 PM
Which TV show have you watched in the last few years that would cause you the greatest embarrassment, should your friends/family learn about?

Call it a guilty pleasure, if you like. Let's skip any scifi or technology related shows, since some people will watch anything related, just because. Also, no movies, just TV with multiple episodes.

I'll post mine after a few others post theirs. ;)

1fallen
July 12th, 2018, 06:11 PM
Show me yours and i'll show you mine.LOL
Mine would be Shameless (Show Time Series)>>>And I can't believe i even watch it.:oops:
But if i was to hazard a guess it would be I'm glad my life is nothing like what is displayed in that series.

TheFu
July 12th, 2018, 07:12 PM
Pretty Little Liars (ABC Family network)

No judgement.

1fallen
July 12th, 2018, 07:19 PM
No judgement.
No of course not. ;) I run the highest risk of judgment with mine. (At least so far)

robbie 348
July 12th, 2018, 07:33 PM
We're watching late '60's Land of the giants. Same episode shown 60 different ways.

poorguy
July 12th, 2018, 11:02 PM
I still watch old old Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry Cartoons and other from my childhood and I'm 66 years old.

I like watching the old black and white tv series etc as the crap they have today is well just that crap and ain't worth watching imo.

No embarrassment at all.

kowerta
July 20th, 2018, 12:35 AM
It depends if there is your wife around or not...Getting caught by my best friend or my wife, it's not the same I guess.. (https://welinko.eu) :popcorn:

monkeybrain20122
July 20th, 2018, 07:39 AM
Star Trek discovery.:p

QIII
July 20th, 2018, 07:43 AM
Sponge Bob.

But that's only because I can't find Ren & Stimpy except on YouTube.

TheFu
July 20th, 2018, 11:39 AM
Star Trek discovery.:p

Ennnnnnnt (buzzer sound). That's scifi. Try again. ;) Even if you are watching "The Starlost" which is absolutely terrible, because it is scifi, everyone here gets a pass.

monkeybrain20122
July 20th, 2018, 03:27 PM
Ennnnnnnt (buzzer sound). That's scifi. Try again. ;) Even if you are watching "The Starlost" which is absolutely terrible, because it is scifi, everyone here gets a pass.

Hmmm.. Well I am a big fan of South Park, I am not embarrassed the least bit but I can see it could be for some people. :) It would be really embarrassing if it were the Simpsons (after 2006, around there..)

steven603
July 28th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Mountain Men reruns.

lisati
July 29th, 2018, 08:41 PM
We're watching late '60's Land of the giants. Same episode shown 60 different ways.
:lolflag:

I still watch old old Bugs Bunny and Tom and Jerry Cartoons and other from my childhood and I'm 66 years old.

I like watching the old black and white tv series etc as the crap they have today is well just that crap and ain't worth watching imo.

No embarrassment at all.

I think I've got RoadRunner on DVD somewhere......

I recently caught myself watching Clutch Cargo on YouTube. It's hard to believe that I used to like that show, many years decades ago!

deadflowr
July 29th, 2018, 08:51 PM
I like Tom and Jerry.
Not sure how watching it can be embarrassing, though.

I watch Jerry Springer.
I'm not embarrassed by that, but everyone I know cringes when I say it.
So I guess someone is embarrassed that I watch it.

1fallen
July 29th, 2018, 08:57 PM
I like Tom and Jerry.

Oh heck yes RoadRunner and Tom and Jerry and Old Foghorn J. Leghorn.

SeijiSensei
July 29th, 2018, 09:00 PM
Not a specific show, but I became an anime fan about a decade ago and watch half-a-dozen or so shows each season. Right now I'd suggest GeGeGe no Kitarou, a kids horror show that has a lot of mature material, and Cells at Work!, a tour of the body with anthropomorized cells. The platelets are especially cute. These stream on Crunchyroll (http://www.crunchyroll.com/), which can be watched for fee with advertising. I have some same-aged friends who can't understand my enjoyment of anime at all.

TheFu
July 30th, 2018, 12:28 AM
I've found a few anime enjoyable. Most don't bother trying to get the entire "world" correct. A few are just stupid, but probably no worse than early 1970s Spiderman cartoons. I did/do enjoy Gantz, Rick & Morty, Squidbillies and own the complete set of Pinky and the Brain. None of these embarrass me.

T&J, Bugs, Roadrunner are high class entertainment in my book. Better than many Oscar winning movies.

CharlesA
July 30th, 2018, 01:30 AM
Dragonball GT. Be afraid.

hrsetrdr
July 30th, 2018, 04:35 AM
Clutch Cargo

Good grief! I would watch that back in the day, but if you hadn't mentioned it I don't think I would ever have had a recollection.

Perfect Storm
July 30th, 2018, 09:37 AM
The cartoon Popeye.

coffeefiend
August 1st, 2018, 02:56 PM
I recently came into possession of every season of the 1980's cartoon The Real Ghostbusters. I loved that cartoon as a kid.

xmoonlight444
August 17th, 2018, 03:34 AM
the vampire diaries, have to say it's my favorite guilty pleasure ;)

zazzlv7
August 22nd, 2018, 03:33 PM
Pretty Little Liars (ABC)
I don't know why... but I like this tv show :D

TheFu
August 22nd, 2018, 04:07 PM
Pretty Little Liars (ABC)
I don't know why... but I like this tv show :D

I'm into PLL S6 now. For me it is a mix of the technology, small-town-near-city, and the girls. There have been a few "holy CRAP!" reveals.

I watched VD too - it was shot nearby, relatively. The main house for the bros is about 5 miles away, but the town where most of it was shot is about an hour away. Vampires don't really intrigue me, so it wasn't that.

portalhavoc
August 26th, 2018, 06:39 PM
For me it has to be Equestria Girls: Better Together and Hanazuki.

Even though I'm a little old to be watching those shows. But I love them. :grin:

silverslimer
August 27th, 2018, 07:13 PM
I'm 39 years-old and concur that today's crap is unwatchable. It's mostly just made to be as flashy as possible but is generally devoid of storyline and any kind of depth to the characters.

QIII
August 27th, 2018, 08:59 PM
Star Trek and Gilligan's Island when they were still in production. Now that was some good TV.

lisati
August 27th, 2018, 09:55 PM
+1 to Star Trek and Gilligan's Island, there's something about shows from that era.....

I also recall watching Mr Ed, and occasionally the original Doctor Who (with William Hartnell).

kurt18947
August 28th, 2018, 12:39 AM
I'm 39 years-old and concur that today's crap is unwatchable. It's mostly just made to be as flashy as possible but is generally devoid of storyline and any kind of depth to the characters.

Who cares about storyline and depth of character when their Raison d'etre was to sell a few cents worth of plastic and cloth for $19.95 or more. The old LoonyToons shows and their ilk weren't 30 minute toy ads.

Perfect Storm
August 31st, 2018, 01:11 PM
The smurfs. The cartoons not the movies. It's a bit embarrassing.

TheFu
August 31st, 2018, 02:44 PM
Just discovered "Dogs Might Fly" WOW! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M8gzhkSShf4
UK TV is crazy!

littlefoot505
September 11th, 2018, 05:40 AM
For me, I'd have to go with The Lion Guard, the Land Before Time TV series (yes, they actually made a TV series in addition to the countless sequels :P . Someone actually did look at me like I had ten heads and ask me why the hell I was watching that when he saw me watching it in the lounge of my residence hall), TaleSpin, and My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. Also, I'm not much into anime, but some people on another forum recently turned me onto Made in Abyss.

SeijiSensei
September 11th, 2018, 05:10 PM
You might give Golden Kamuy (http://www.crunchyroll.com/golden-kamuy) a try then. It has another season this fall, too. A second season of Made in Abyss has been announced (https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2017-11-26/made-in-abyss-anime-gets-sequel/.124507), but no date has been set.

MoebusNet
September 12th, 2018, 08:55 PM
I don't know if you want to call it sci-fi or social commentary, but I still watch reruns of Futurama. Nongeeks don't even know about it, but I managed to watch an episode on cable while in my dentist's chair; dental hygienist be damned!