PDA

View Full Version : happy 4th!

bodhin2
July 4th, 2018, 06:11 PM
well worked in the top vineyard this am at 98 degrees. got a few more rows of nets on - did the side vineyard the last week and still have to do 2 more new long nets on the top vineyard tomorrow. showered and having a few pints of porters and ales i made, taking a break and figured i wish everyone a happy 4th and to those that are outside us - a happy good jolly day! will have some stuff from garden, hot italian sausage and homemade bread and a nice bottle from the vineyard or maybe the last high end pinot noir i have saved for the last year. enjoy!

bodhin2
July 4th, 2018, 06:41 PM
just a p.s thanks to a number of you people who have helped and welcomed me. i found a new home! thanks everyone!!!!

thenailedone
July 4th, 2018, 06:50 PM
What happens today?

wildmanne39
July 4th, 2018, 06:55 PM
Happy 4th bodhin2, we are grilling hotdogs and burgers but it sounds like we should have come to your house.:) Are you in California?

bodhin2
July 4th, 2018, 07:05 PM
NmidTN - from WNY and ontario Canada. so this place is unbearable in the summer and no - minimal snow in the winter. we heat 100% with wood for 2 1/2 decades. miss the 135" of snow. sounds like a great time. thought pf burgers - but decided on the IT sausage.

p.s if ever in the area you are most welcome my friend!

QIII
July 4th, 2018, 07:46 PM
Beef brisket and ham hocks in the smoker grill today. Got it going at 06:00 this morning. Low and slow. Baked beans, potato salad, deviled eggs, and whatever else we feel like.

Frogs Hair
July 4th, 2018, 08:01 PM
Had an early bike ride and pancake breakfast at a local park so far.

lisati
July 4th, 2018, 08:15 PM
It's the morning of the 5th in my timezone, still dark outside (but not for much longer).

Hope everyone enjoying the US celebrations have an awesome day!

bodhin2
July 4th, 2018, 08:50 PM
well it killed me - opened up the 2014 merryvale pinot noir. laid it down a while ago but it is nice.

oh well.

:-))))

CA pinot

bodhin2
July 4th, 2018, 09:29 PM
man all the fixins sound so great i am salivating....... may open bottle of my wine and finish the day. in a while still enjoying the pinot and cooking.

have to take care of dog and check the eggs - daughter at school so wife and i and dog and chickens and all the wildlife.

roger ramjet! Out! Have a good one.

oh - little dead going on in the background!

poorguy
July 5th, 2018, 05:50 PM
Happy Belated 4th of July to everyone.

We had a good one grilled some t-bone steaks and hamburgers and hot dogs.

Also had potato salad and beans and also a home made big oven baked blueberry cheesecake.

Also throughout the day doing shots of Wild Turkey 101 and smoking holiday weed both of my favourites.

We are close enough to see fireworks from our front yard so we never left the house and a good day was had by all.

bodhin2
July 6th, 2018, 03:32 AM
sounds great poorguy. i hope i red your post right about the holiday W.