PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Wine (MSVCIRT.dll)

Cable
August 19th, 2006, 06:49 PM
I have a (Windows) program that throws this error when I try to open it via Wine in the terminal:

caleb@Cable:~/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Power Tab Software/Power Tab Editor 1.7$ wine PTEditor.exe
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by L"C:\\Program Files\\Power Tab Software\\Power Tab Editor 1.7\\PTEditor.exe") not found
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Power Tab Software\\Power Tab Editor 1.7\\PTEditor.exe" failed, status c0000135

Is it possible to obtain the dll file which it requires in order to get this program to work in Linux? If so, where do I put it?

derred
January 27th, 2008, 10:47 PM
Late reply I know
http://www.dll-files.com/dllindex/dll-files.shtml?msvcirt

extract and copy to ~/.wine/drive_c/Windows/System/

Just happened to me and found the post in the forums :) better late then never

linuxd00
January 28th, 2008, 12:09 AM
I think its actually better to put it on

~/.wine/drive_c/Windows/System32/

both might work though

derred
January 28th, 2008, 11:35 AM
I think its actually better to put it on

~/.wine/drive_c/Windows/System32/

both might work though

I've used ../System version because under Windows that's where it would be. However in wine System is actually only a link to the System32 folder so you're right. It wouldn't be better, but it would be the same thing.

Anyway. I got MS Reader to work after yesterday's wine upgrade so I'm not complaining

p_quarles
January 28th, 2008, 12:12 PM
I've moved this to the Wine forum (created long after the original post), and marked it solved. Hopefully, this will make it easier to find for anyone with a related question.