PDA

View Full Version : Can't install Linux drivers "error the file could not be open"

blue822
June 27th, 2018, 11:47 PM
The file “/home/abel/.cache/.fr-LBR1zy/libdlo-0.1.0/configure” could not be opened.

Long story short, i messed something up with Ubuntu. I lost the ability to install software. Today i figured out how to fix it. It was as simple as uninstalling "Run Software" and reinstalling. It works fine now , but i have a usb device that lets me connect my PC to my TV using usb. I can't do it with hdmi (in does not have output) old pc. The usb device does work but now i discovered the additional drivers option to run better Video Card software. So now when i try to insatll the usb device with the new proprietary drivers it just says could not be open. Ive been trying to figure this out for a few hrs but now im here, it to complictaed to figure this on my own. Please help TY!

blue822
June 27th, 2018, 11:57 PM
This is the file im trying to insstall

libdlo-0.0.0tar.gz it says file type: Archive

blue822
June 28th, 2018, 01:10 AM
When i open and click on the Configure Program and open it with Run Software it loads for a few seconds and then stops and does nothing. Maybe my Run Software is still corrupt??

blue822
June 28th, 2018, 01:49 AM
ok so i opened terminal and draged to program in to insatll and i got this msg

error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

I have my usb adapter working on Ubuntu but i now want it to work with the propietery drivers, is it conflicting? how do i uninstall the old origianl one???