PDA

View Full Version : Watching SD channels on a HD TV is really uncool

linuxyogi
June 26th, 2018, 03:35 PM
Hi,
Recently I purchased a Panasonic HD LED TV.
My current cable TV set top box is SD.
I am a bit short on the cash at the moment,
My Cable TV provider also provides HD set top boxes but they are quite expensive so
I am stuck with the SD signals.

The picture quality I am getting is not that great.

This TV has 2 USB ports which can play back a number of video and audio formats.

I have copied some HD music videos to a USB flash drive and the video display quality is simply superb.

How many of you have already switched to HD ?
How many of you are still stuck with SD ?

thenailedone
June 26th, 2018, 06:26 PM
1080p all the things!

As soon as the 4K fad is done and dusted and the next big thing becomes mainstream I might look for higher resolutions.

linuxyogi
June 27th, 2018, 02:29 PM
1080p all the things!

As soon as the 4K fad is done and dusted and the next big thing becomes mainstream I might look for higher resolutions.

I am at the moment in a bargain with my cable TV provider for a discount for the HD set top box and the monthly charges.

uRock
June 27th, 2018, 04:35 PM
I get HD via antenna. It doesn't look the best on plasma, but it's free.

linuxyogi
June 27th, 2018, 06:56 PM
I get HD via antenna. It doesn't look the best on plasma, but it's free.

Even if they start broadcasting free to air HD channels here they will be of no use coz the programs are too boring in comparison to the satellite channels.

uRock
June 27th, 2018, 07:11 PM
Even if they start broadcasting free to air HD channels here they will be of no use coz the programs are too boring in comparison to the satellite channels.

I can see that. I only turn it on for the local news and when the LV Golden Knights are playing a home game. aka not very often. We have Netflix and other streaming services for movies and shows.