PDA

View Full Version : Firefox and drivers for Chuwi Hi10 Pro

element29
June 25th, 2018, 09:20 AM
Hello,

I've installed Xubuntu on my Chuwi Hi10 Pro Tablet and it works fine. But some devices are not working yet, touchscreen, audio and very important energy drivers, the system isn't charging the batteries while using Linux. The tablet uses an Intel Atom X5-Z8300 processor. I'm using for a long time OSx86 and can use the terminal, however, I have no experience in Linux. Because device ID's are often the key in OSx86, I can provide the device ID's for every hardware component of the tablet.

But first I'm searching a german version of Firefox 50.0.1 as a .deb package. I found a version on Ubuntuzilla, but the package won't install because something is missing. I've already installed Synaptic and another Package Manager, I think it was gdebi. The mozilla server only has Firefox 50.0.1 as a tar.bz2 archive.

Another tool I'm searching is a cloning tool which can also clone partitions without a filesystem. The Chuwi Hi10 Pro uses a very complicated 17-partition GPT system with some 'unknown' partitions, that's why I surely not use the destroy disk command.

Greets, E29.