PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 18.04 suddenly logging me out

maxyspark
June 20th, 2018, 07:09 AM
I installed ubuntu 18.04 today in my laptop lenovo yoga 500. and when i try to change font in gonome tweak tool it logged me out immediately. same problem with visual studio code. when I try to open a folder in visual studio code it logged me out. and when I ran a tkniter program in python.

it first started when I ran the first script

from here (https://gist.github.com/MaxySpark/72e2b35fff0056f82ebc636b47b159ec) (it is a bash script i wrote to install some software quickly in fresh installation)
I don't know why this is happening please help.

CpILL
November 7th, 2018, 07:17 PM
Yes, I'm having the same problem. I've only experienced it with VS Code?

vasinkd
November 21st, 2018, 12:51 PM
Same here. Started about 3 days ago, don't have any idea how to fix.

jamesbradbury
November 28th, 2018, 09:25 AM
I have had this issue on different machines. I don't seem to be doing anything special when it happens. It's usually soon after logging in for the first time when I'm loading up multiple tabs in Firefox.

spike032
November 10th, 2019, 06:07 AM
I have the same issues on my desktop pc.
First it started to unexpectedly loggin out with no reason in april 2018,
when i first started to try xubuntu-18.04-desktop-amd64

I thought that the problem would be fixed up to now,
just installed xubuntu-18.04.3 (august 2019 installer),
and the problem still persists.

logging out for no reason after any activity (5-15-45 minutes), after fresh install.
The screen first makes blank (black), and then it turns to log in screen. Ofcourse, all previously opened software flushes and being closed. Only mounted disks and point left as mounted.

Added kern.log attachement, if someone is interested for system logs.
(btw, i use AMD Radeon videocard)

wildmanne39
November 10th, 2019, 06:11 AM
Hello and welcome to the forum, please always start your own thread instead of posting in someone else's especially one that is an year old.

Old Thread back to sleep.

Thanks!