PDA

View Full Version : Deeply impressed!!!!

bodhin2
June 7th, 2018, 12:49 AM
wow so far i am very impressed and setup is rather easy. also - it is much better and faster too to work and explore on install vs live. thanks so much!

Perfect Storm
June 7th, 2018, 02:22 PM
I hope you enjoy the journey ^_^

bodhin2
June 8th, 2018, 05:07 PM
well so far a lot of work to get a few laptops working for me and the wife. so far I am most pleased - though trying to sort out a few tweakings, etc.... i realize that sometimes everything is sweeeeet and then the poop hits the fan and serious glitches; however i have a good vibe about this install so far. and the tweaking s took far less than other distros i have used over the last 10 plus years. wish i knew a few more things and maybe wish a few things were possible; but - it has ben the best ubuntu i have experienced since ubuntu first came out. Many thanks to all for their diligence and hard work!!!!!!!

bodhin2
June 8th, 2018, 07:15 PM
in another thread i said i wanted to post some decent comments..... well here it is.

tried ubuntu when it first came out but issues with wireless, trackpads, and printer. across multiple computers. deal breaker. now it all seems so much nicer. also the forums at the time were a zoo - and so many people wanting to help but sending so may more people down the yellow brick road to hell and never getting things working. this is a whole article in and of itself re: forum help... but now it is less active but most people do seem to know and really help. and to me as an old old fart makes a huge difference. anyway glad it has evolved to a more decent positive humane level. thank to you who have helped!

bodhin2
June 15th, 2018, 05:32 PM
well maybe a week or so later and i am still impressed. possibly 1 or 2 little glitches that may not even be ubuntu related and stuff is very smooth. I should probably be careful with my luck and kncok on wooooooood; but it has been really nice too install and tweak for my needs with some help and running everyday smoothly various apps. Thanks developers.

googlarz
July 10th, 2018, 08:37 AM
Almost from the beginning (2004) Ubuntu was super easy to set up. It's still easier to handle than Windows. When you will get used to - and you will - there is no way back to Windows ;-)