PDA

View Full Version : GAIM 1.2.1 backport for Hoary

jdong
April 4th, 2005, 10:06 PM
Ok, I've just packaged GAIM 1.2.1 from Debian, for Hoary. It's currently uploading into staging. Thought some of you might want to know!

I did not package this for Warty because:

1. The repository is closed, and the previous GAIM backport is recent enough...
2. Libraries have diverged too much. libglib is the main killer.

IdoMcFly
April 5th, 2005, 09:12 AM
what are the repositories to add ?

panabar
April 5th, 2005, 10:10 PM
Its in the staging area the source line is :

deb http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/backports hoary-backports-staging main universe multiverse restricted

you should also check
Backports Page (http://backports.ubuntuforums.org/)

jdong
April 5th, 2005, 10:31 PM
Please do read the bolded warning on the Backports page about the responsibility/risk that you assume when using the 'staging' tree.

jdong
April 6th, 2005, 08:14 PM
I have determined that this backport is stable, so I promoted it :)

Shambler
April 6th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Why isn't GAIM 1.2.1 in Hoary? Too late? Or other reasons?
If it was simply too late, will it be in grumpy/breezy (hell, I don't know the name of the next release... :???: )?

jdong
April 6th, 2005, 09:37 PM
It's too late in the release cycle to make such drastic changes.

Gnobody
April 8th, 2005, 01:39 PM
Where is the AMD64 package? Is there a seperate repository for the AMD64 backports. Are there any AMD64 packagers? If not is there a deb-source repository where I can "apt-get source --compile gaim" ?

Eproxus
April 28th, 2005, 01:52 PM
Excuse my stupidity but I can't find Gaim 1.2.1 with apt-get or Synaptic after adding and reloading the backports. Have I done something wrong?

EDIT: Fixed. Ah, staging was not the way to go!

jdong
April 28th, 2005, 08:10 PM
Staging is not comprehensive; it's incremental -- designed to be used ALONG with the stable tree. To use Backports, at the very minimum you should include the stable tree. Afterwards, you may elect to help me beta-test by adding the staging tree :)