PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_budgie] lightdm + cinnamon: could not acquire name on session bus

glantruan
May 29th, 2018, 09:03 AM
Hi
I've been having troubles for a couple of days now when trying to log in. After entering my password on the welcome screen, the screen goes black and a window appears with this message:
"Could not acquire name on session bus"
Giving me the only option to logout.
https://i.imgur.com/Xq6TIWl.jpg?1

If I keep trying I can login at the third try and my cinnamon desktop environment loads an works correctly.
If I logout and login again this doesn't happen. It's only the first time I login after booting up the computer.

This started to happen after the the system hanged when I changed the keyboard while the system was up (Obviously this was as mistake). I had to do a hard reboot. On the first boot after that and after login in the screen just went black without any dialog or message, just the mouse pointer but nothing else to be done.
Then I pressed Ctrl-Alt-F1 and logged in on the terminal. I thought somehow the cinnamon configuration files where corrupted so I renamed the .cinnamon folder to .cinnamon_bck and restarted the machine.
Then the described behavior has been happening every time I boot the machine.
I am running ubuntu budgie bionic beaver.

I understand that this is a very specific problem but any guidance on how to proceed would help a lot.

Thanks in advance

meox2
November 6th, 2018, 11:32 AM
Hello,
have you can fix this problem ?
Thanks meox