PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] After 16 to 18 Upgrade Challenges

DigiAngel
May 28th, 2018, 03:57 PM
Well....this has been an interesting run. So far *most* things worked fine after the upgrade, but there are several small annoyances, cataloged below:

Synergy tray icon doesn't show up when running
After every reboot I have to change to the correct sensor in system-monitor
Almost after every reboot I have to change the auth type for a gmail account from OAuth2, to Password (I don't have to input the password though, just make the change)
Certain applications and their .desktop files refuse to get added as favorites (ida pro and steam). They work fine double-clicking the desktop files, but no way to save (even tried the method here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/370592/how-can-i-add-a-custom-launcher-to-favourites-in-gnome-shell
Try as I might, screenshots always go into the Pictures directory even though I've even manually changed the location using dconf-editor.

Files app has gotten some better with tabs, still not having a dual pane mode is a drag so I'll stick with nemo for now. All in all.....the Ubuntu 18/Gnome setup just feels....flaky....not solid. I'd love to see if anyone else has the same experiences that I've had, or solutions to the above...thank you.

Autodave
May 28th, 2018, 10:46 PM
Personally, I have never had much luck with upgrading: too many issues afterwards. I always do a fresh install.

I know that that doesn't help you at this point, but you may want to consider trying that after copying everything you need to an external source.