PDA

View Full Version : PPA for Bionic Main Doesn't Work

crabber99
May 14th, 2018, 12:27 AM
I did a fresh installation of 18.04 from the Ubuntu Download site, and it's working.

When 18.04 was installed the Software Updater repository included this PPA:
//ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu bionic main

Software Updater fails with the error message: Failed To Download Repository Information".
Details show the problem as "The repository 'https://ppa.launchpad.net/tualatrix/ppa/ubuntu bionic Release' does not have a Release file".

If I remove the PPA Software Updater runs and reports software up to date.

Is this PPA needed? What software is in this PPA that caused it to be included in 18.04? Is it safe to use, if at some point in the future it becomes operational?

Thanks

mc4man
May 14th, 2018, 01:28 AM
Remove the ppa, there is nothing there for bionic & never will be.

monkeybrain20122
May 14th, 2018, 02:06 AM
Ubuntu-tweak has been dead for years. The most recent update of that ppa was 202 weeks ago, i.e almost 4 years ago,

tinylagarto
May 14th, 2018, 01:58 PM
But if you did a fresh install that PPA should not be there in the first place. Or did you do an upgrade from a previous version?

deadflowr
May 14th, 2018, 04:57 PM
But if you did a fresh install that PPA should not be there in the first place. Or did you do an upgrade from a previous version?

It can happen on a fresh install on a unformatted partition.

monkeybrain20122
May 14th, 2018, 07:30 PM
It can happen on a fresh install on a unformatted partition.

I think a fresh install always formats the / partition. If there is a separate /home then it might not get formatted if user so chooses, but /etc/apt/sources.list is in /.

mc4man
May 14th, 2018, 10:48 PM
I think a fresh install always formats the / partition. If there is a separate /home then it might not get formatted if user so chooses, but /etc/apt/sources.list is in /.
When doing a new or fresh install if one removes the previous install (the - icon) & then installs new to the exact same size & place then formatting is not auto enabled.

crabber99
May 17th, 2018, 04:16 AM
Thanks for the help. I removed the PPA as suggested and all is well.

oldos2er
May 18th, 2018, 04:03 AM
Would you please mark the thread solved? Thanks.