PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu Hangs on blank screen after login

simon114
May 9th, 2018, 10:07 AM
Good Morning, After logging in I will get a blank screen and I have to hard restart the computer, If I then login again after a restart, it will open up the desktop no problem.
Thes are the entries from the Important section of logs

Applications [pulseaudio] bluez5-util.c: GetManagedObjects() failed: org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.TimedOut: Failed to activate service 'org.bluez': timed out (service_start_timeout=25000ms
Applications Cannot access vdagent virtio channel /dev/virtio-ports/com.redhat.spice.0
Other Cannot access vdagent virtio channel /dev/virtio-ports/com.redhat.spice.0
Other bgscan simple: Failed to enable signal strength monitoring
Other io/hpmud/pp.c 627: unable to read device-id ret=-1 (two entries for this)
Other dbus: Failed to construct signal
Other dbus: wpa_dbus_get_object_properties: failed to get object properties: (none) none
Other io/hpmud/pp.c 627: unable to read device-id ret=-1
Other io/hpmud/musb.c 2101: Invalid usb_open: Permission denied (this entry 3 times)
System ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT4._GTF, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170831/psparse-550) (this entry 2 times)
System ACPI Error: [DSSP] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170831/psargs-364) (this entry 2 times)
System ACPI Error: Method parse/execution failed \_SB.PCI0.SAT0.SPT5._GTF, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170831/psparse-550)
System ACPI Error: [DSSP] Namespace lookup failure, AE_NOT_FOUND (20170831/psargs-364)
System Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e (this entry 2 times)
System MODSIGN: Couldn't get UEFI db list
System Couldn't get size: 0x800000000000000e
System [Firmware Bug]: TSC_DEADLINE disabled due to Errata; please update microcode to version: 0x22 (or later)

So it seems that an hp might be a problem so im going to re enable the hp to start at boot see if that resolves some issues, also I think I may have enabled on sata,
only boot drives on start up in the bios so im going to change that to all sata drives and see what happens

Any more advice anyone can give please,

Thankyou

dino99
May 9th, 2018, 12:54 PM
Maybe an 'apparmor' right refused:
- remove 'quiet splash' from /etc/default/grub, then run 'sudo update-grub'; this will let you see what happen when booting
- 'blank screen' is usually related to 'video' or 'greeter (aka gdm/lightdm/...) ; you can grab and post the output of 'journalctl -b | grep video > video.txt' , 'journalctl -b | grep greeter > greeter.txt'