PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Xubuntu 18.04 still unavailable through release update

martago
May 6th, 2018, 05:55 PM
Hello,

I am trying almost every day, either through the graphical update-manager or through the bash command "sudo do-release-upgrade", in both ways I always get that there is no release upgrade available. Two weeks after the official release of version 18.04, should not this release upgrade be available through the described ways?

Thank you for the info.

Regards

PaulW2U
May 6th, 2018, 06:02 PM
Two weeks after the official release of version 18.04, should not this release upgrade be available through the described ways?
In "Software & Updates" are you set to be notified of any new version or of an LTS. If set for LTS notifications then I don't think you'll be notified until 18.04.1 is released in July. Notifications for any new version were enabled a couple of days ago, something that I have seen for myself.

Edit: As an afterthought what version are you running now? If it is 16.04 then you new version may well be 17.10 and not 18.04.

martago
May 6th, 2018, 07:15 PM
Thank you for your reply. I have xubuntu configured to upgrade only to LTS versions, and the installed version is 16.04 LTS. I didn't notice before in previous LTS upgrades that only after the revision 1 is released that the automatic upgrade was launched, in fact I am almost sure that it did happen after the first stable LTS version was released, otherwise I would have remembered it and I did not find strange that two weeks after 18.04 was released, it is not still available through the automatic upgrade channels.

jbierkens
July 27th, 2018, 08:03 AM
See https://askubuntu.com/questions/1028900/software-updater-on-16-04-not-showing-ubuntu-18-04-update: automatic update will appear a few days after the release of 18.04.1 (which was yesterday).