PDA

View Full Version : Installer crashed, what to do?

tomi4
April 26th, 2018, 05:37 PM
I installed from USB the newest Ubuntu, dual-boot. It crashed. Windows still works but Ubuntu doesn't. According to Disk Management I now have C: and Ubuntu (1.95 GB) partitions plus five nameless partitions (about 24 GB). EDIT: The 1.95 GB partition was the USB stick.

Anyway, my question is what to do next. If I tried to download the ISO again and then reinstall, does the installer recognize the previous failed installation? If not, should I just format the partitions, add them to C:, and repair the Windows boot loader (as one page suggested)? Or is there an an easier way?

TheFu
April 26th, 2018, 08:04 PM
Newest Ubuntu? Oddly, that isn't clear since 18.04 was released today. It is always useful to read the release notes.

To get help, we need more specific data. The exact Ubuntu release and the output from boot-info.

tomi4
April 27th, 2018, 07:45 AM
Yes, the newest. Anyway, I did with the partitions what the page I referred to suggested and then installed Mint.

TheFu
April 27th, 2018, 01:03 PM
So I can only guess what page you read. Guess no help is really desired since no data was provided.