PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Stuck after install.

mawil10132
April 26th, 2018, 11:49 AM
I'm doing install of U16.04.4 LTS over Linux Mint 18.3 Sylvia, (Thats what the messages say) I selected Erase disk and install ubuntu------- Then I get; Force UEFI Installation?? This machines firmware has started the installer in UEFI mode but it looks like there may be existing Op. Sys's already installed using "BIOS compatibilty mode". If you continue to install debian in UEFI, it might be difficult to reboot the machine into any BIOS-mode operating system later. and; If you wish to install in UFEI mode and don't care about keeping the ability to boot one of the existing systems, you have the option to force that here, if you wish to keep the option to boot an existing OS, you should choose NOT to force UEFI here. (My choices are ; Go Back and Continue in UEFI mode) I can say that all I want is U16.04.4 so I assume tap Continue >>> and install looks normal, I'm back to where I was,, after rebooting and removing USB when screen goes dark after boot, after install i get this message, > Default Boot Device Missing or Boot Failed. Insert Recovery Media and Hit any Key. Then Select "Boot Manager" to choose a new boot device. end of message

At this point all I can do is run Live. and If I attempt to get into BIOS by tapping esc when 'acer splash' appears I get> Enter Current Password, none of my passwords work.

So, I've made great progress from having nothing to being able to at least run Live off USB. Perhaps this gives me a window into admin system?

I need to kill this password request, and I've also heard that I need to get into BIOS to exam, a UEFI partition, but the password prevents me getting into that area.