PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] firefox changed big time

oneleded
April 23rd, 2018, 07:28 AM
i really havent had a lot of problems since installing lubuntu on 2nd hard drive till the past week. somehow firefox browser opens on new tab, i lost my home page, and i cant get to firefox settings, to correct the problem. i believe i got 17.04 version LTS???. i need to uninstall,[maybe] and reinstall something.. this didnt happen until last after last firefox update, i dont think thats the problem, and regardless, i should be able to open firefox, and change back to what i had, but cant find options, anymore... im thinking of reinstalling lubuntu 17.04 on the 2nd hard drive, to clear the problem up, as it might run deeper than the skill, i dont have.;)

kerry_s
April 23rd, 2018, 08:56 AM
you mean 16.04 lts, 17.04 is a dead version no longer supported.

no worry, no need to reinstall.
just open the file manager-> press ctrl+h <- to show hidden files, delete the 1 named .mozilla
thats it firefox should be back to stock, just log in to restore your settings.

oldos2er
April 24th, 2018, 12:36 AM
17.04 was not an LTS version, and is no longer supported. LTS versions are only released on even-numbered years--18.04 is the next one, due out next week or thereabouts.

oneleded
April 24th, 2018, 04:28 PM
it was 16.04LTS. after doing a lot of searching, i found how get into newer firefox, find options an preferences, check duckduckgo in my case. then change back noscript settings, i previously had. the new firefox upgrade changed everything i had previously configured, plus the settings were way different.. it has a different face somewhat now on FF. noscript runs a little different in linux, than windows, the settings were changed as well with new FF version.. i appreciate the help. thanks //Ed ;still running linux only on 2nd hard drive due to the help i got here. ;~}