PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_mate] My Os doesn't recognize my monitor.

dave1710
April 15th, 2018, 08:36 PM
hi , Ubuntu Mate 16.04 doesn't recognize my monitor, when I access my computer it got stuck on a black screen with only the cursor showing , I can only access if I enter throught recovery mode in the grub , when I look over my devices it doesn't show the monitor and I can't change the resolution , this is a pc that I wasn't using for a while , It worked fine back then , I think the problem was when I updated. :confused::confused::confused:

Autodave
April 15th, 2018, 11:03 PM
First things first: how are you connecting to the monitor: VGA, DVI, HDMI, ?? Have you made sure that the cable is good? Have you tried another mon itor and also tried that monitor on anothe machine?

dave1710
May 7th, 2018, 11:58 AM
yes, everything is plugged in correctly, I found out that Ubuntu 16.04 doesn't have the drivers for my graphic card, I have the same problem as this person https://askubuntu.com/questions/791249/amd-intel-hybrid-graphics-on-ubuntu-16-04 my graphic card is an old radeon ati x1300/x1550 series , is there any way to install those drivers? or I have to go back to Ubuntu 14.04? or maybe I can turn off the ATI card for ubuntu like that person was trying but I don't know how to do it.