PDA

View Full Version : Xmms Skins mother load!

Yukonjack
April 4th, 2005, 07:30 PM
This is a big downloads
XMMS SKINS MOTHER LOAD (http://easylinuxguide.com/downloads/xmms-skins/)

Enjoy

paul cooke
April 4th, 2005, 07:57 PM
This is a big downloads
XMMS SKINS MOTHER LOAD (http://easylinuxguide.com/downloads/xmms-skins/)

Enjoy

nice one centurion... ;)

HungSquirrel
April 4th, 2005, 08:07 PM
76 Megs? O_O

skoal
April 4th, 2005, 08:41 PM
Sweet. I'm downloading it now. Only 1 question though:

I don't use XMMS but Beep-Media-Player. The 'readme' says to install in '~/.xmms' path. Since this isn't an ubuntu package, I assume they are just packed Skins that I can safely unpack into '~/.bmp' instead. Right?

Yukonjack
April 4th, 2005, 08:46 PM
Sweet. I'm downloading it now. Only 1 question though:

I don't use XMMS but Beep-Media-Player. The 'readme' says to install in '~/.xmms' path. Since this isn't an ubuntu package, I assume they are just packed Skins that I can safely unpack into '~/.bmp' instead. Right?

You sure can! ;-)

carlc
April 4th, 2005, 11:11 PM
thanks! :razz:

arctic
April 4th, 2005, 11:43 PM
bfff....:-& that is quite a lot for xmms skins. thanks :D

somuchfortheafter
April 5th, 2005, 01:26 AM
dude it almost froze my computer trying to load all of that, infact it did later on and my gdesklets went for lack of a better word apesh**

oddabe19
April 5th, 2005, 04:06 AM
two words....

oh... my....

lots of special ones. enough to hold up media player.

seven
April 5th, 2005, 03:52 PM
OMG =\ 76 mega of skins @_@

LongTooth
April 5th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Has anybody installed and used? Any problems? Just being cautious.

It's just that I'm not too crazy about tarballs. Any links to some .deb packages? I'v apt-get xmms-skins from the repositories but I'd like to see some more. Thanks.

Yukonjack
April 6th, 2005, 02:12 AM
Has anybody installed and used? Any problems? Just being cautious.
Thanks.

I'm using it with Hoary and no problem, works just fine.

bvc
April 6th, 2005, 02:19 AM
working themes in a tarball that you put in the correct location are harmless anyway you cut it

carlc
April 6th, 2005, 03:25 AM
i am currently using warty and it worked fine
it is a lot to go through when searching for a theme
but i a glad to have so many choices

dude2425
April 6th, 2005, 05:15 AM
HOLY CRAP!
So many skins, so little time. It takes 2 or 3 minutes to load up a list with all the thumbs for each and every skin in BMP. I'm going to need a few extra hours to just browse through all of those skins to find the 4 or 5 I like. I wish though BMP, or XMMS, or any type of descent media player could support the modern skins (*.wal I believe) theres a few I just fell in love with when I used winamp on Microsloth Winblows. I just wish Nulsoft would make a WORKING winamp for Linux. I remember how that last attempt turned out (at least I think it was Nulsoft that did that one)

bvc
April 6th, 2005, 05:29 AM
i am currently using warty and it worked fine
it is a lot to go through when searching for a theme
but i a glad to have so many choices
yeah, I d/k if it's the same or not but I downloaded somethng like this a while back and finally got so frustrated that I spend about 30 min going through them and deleting the ones I didn't like, and even then it was still too many. So I divided them into 3 diff directories by description so that I could just quickly rename 2 dirs and find the ones I wanted.

skoal
April 6th, 2005, 05:45 AM
[..] It takes 2 or 3 minutes to load up a list with all the thumbs for each and every skin in BMP. [..]

I wish there were support for a Skin directory tree in BMP. Is there? It might not seem an intuitive feature at first, but wouldn't it be nice to categorize them in separate subdirectories, by alphabetical order, star ranking, skin color, etc. Then you have those subdirectories listed instead of the image. If you want just some of your favorite Skins to show (as they do now) alongside those subs, maybe creating a symlink in the 'Skin/' path would allow it.

Since I don't believe that support is already there, is there anyway to view the entier skin (in compressed format) with an image viewer? That would be nice.

Hardeep
April 24th, 2005, 03:58 PM
Hi-

For anone interested, all Winamp Skins can be used in Xmms under Linux. Check this out:

http://www.geocities.com/tipsforlinux/articles/5.html

Spikey
June 18th, 2005, 05:14 AM
Wow Thanks~!!!!! :d

sapo
June 18th, 2005, 07:36 AM
i m using this skin since winamp 2, BEST SKIN EVER!

http://winamp.com/skins/details.php?id=113905

Seti
June 18th, 2005, 08:25 AM
Thanks a lot, there are quite a few nice ones in there. I Love "Fossil20032-01"

Great find!

psoleko
June 18th, 2005, 11:08 PM
SO many skins! Great find, Thanks .