PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Need to move taskbar and change time settings

moto1860
March 31st, 2018, 05:30 PM
As title says I'd like to have the task bar horizontal and change the time settings. I've installed Unity Tweak Tool but upon lauching I'm told I'm missing com.canonical.notify.osd
I've following this instructions here: https://askubuntu.com/questions/965583/unity-tweak-tool-schema-missing-com-canonical-desktop-interface/965602?utm_medium=organic&utm_source=google_rich_qa&utm_campaign=google_rich_qa

but it didn't work.

ps I'm not able to find Unity Tool among application , I've to go to Ubuntu Software, look for it and then launch it from there.

deadflowr
March 31st, 2018, 06:11 PM
taskbars and scroll bars are different things.

What taskbar are you talking about?

moto1860
March 31st, 2018, 06:23 PM
Yes I meant toolbar, the one on the left. I'd like also to have two different browser windows not grouped together and no preview.

moto1860
March 31st, 2018, 06:38 PM
Ok that was under dock. Now need to change time settings and avoid windows grouping together. Also is there a way to have battery, volume, network infos inside the toolbar like in win. Top screen space is really wasted this way...

moto1860
April 2nd, 2018, 05:29 PM
Found how to edit time settings and for windors grouping together seems like there's no quick fix. So last question is this one:

Also is there a way to have battery, volume, network infos in the toolbar like in old Win-like desktops? Top screen space is really wasted this way...