PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Firefox closes

cam17
March 25th, 2018, 07:36 AM
When I run Firefox on Ubuntu 16.04.3 LTS it closes unexpectedly after running for a good period. It appears to do it around 2:00 AM. the version of Firefox is 59.

Does anyone have any idea why this occurs?

cam17
April 22nd, 2018, 07:03 PM
Firefox is still closing when left open making me believe this may be a malware problem.

Frogs Hair
April 23rd, 2018, 02:47 PM
Can you add info about security settings and add-ons ? In the case of unusual browser activity clearing the cache is the first thing that comes to mind. I always run an add-blocker , accept no 3rd party cookies , and save site data only until the end of session. These are just my preference and not recommendations.

cam17
April 30th, 2018, 01:10 AM
i have this problem with more than one Ubuntu desktop workstation running 16.04.4 LTS. All are using the latest version of Firefox as of April-2018 59.0.2 and the only add-on is ublock origin. I have this same ad-on on my Mac OS which doesn't have this problem.

What will occur is I will have firefox open say on a You tube site or not doing anything at all and leave the browser running and when I come back it has closed. Other Ubuntu apps are still open.

cam17
May 1st, 2018, 07:11 AM
This may not be a problem with Firefox as it holds no crash log after Firefox closes. This may be caused by Ubuntu app or service. Is it possible to view a log for a particular Application i Ubuntu?