PDA

View Full Version : Balking Epson printer says 'no commandtoepson'. 'ls' contradicts.

ffrr
March 18th, 2018, 10:17 AM
Hi all,
I recently upgraded to 16.04 and the printer worked (Epson ET-14000). I routinely follow the upgrade recommendations that come in all the time. The last one I did the other day switched my desktop from 'gnome' to 'mate', a switch I had attempted some time ago with the necessary downloads, but without succeeding to put it into effect. Now it went into effect unexpectedly. All the better, except that I can no longer print. (Follow two hours of googling, scouring forums, doing printer adding routines . . . ) I am currently stuck with the printer driver reporting the file "/usr/lib/cups/filter/commandtoepson" as missing when "ls" lists it beyond any reasonable doubt, as the screenshot shows. Calling on kind-hearted rescuers out of this investigative dead end. - Frederic
https://ubuntuforums.org/asset.php?fid=273772&uid=1022480&d=1521363818

ffrr
March 19th, 2018, 06:54 PM
I'm pleased to lift the alert. As of this morning the printer works. Must have been lingering old stuff that didn't load again on startup. A little embarrassed I thank all the kind-hearted rescuers who were just going to help. - Frederic