PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Sort 'Trash' by 'Date Deleted' in Dolphin

accounts0
March 13th, 2018, 03:48 AM
I see in the 'View>Sort By' menu I can only sort by date, & I don't see how to see when each file was deleted. Is there a way to do this?

Even if I have to open the trash in another file manager, that'd be fine. It happens so infrequently.

Figured I'd ask here before going on a trial & error mission for however long that'll take.

-Thanks

monkeybrain20122
March 14th, 2018, 10:45 PM
That is a weird question. I don't use KDE but as a general point if you delete something then why do you care? If you are managing and organizing the trash directory then you are just moving your stuffs to a different directory which just happens to be called trash and could have been called treasure or something like that. You may as well not delete. If I delete something, I want it permanently gone (Dolphin has an option but you may have to configure it)

accounts0
March 25th, 2018, 09:21 PM
why do you care?

Sometimes while working on a project I'll have deleted a number of temporary files without properly descriptive names. I remember which it was in the sequence of what had been deleted, but not its name. eg. The one (before/after) I deleted that one that had a name I recognize.

again?
March 26th, 2018, 02:22 AM
Nemo has an arrange by trash time right click option.

accounts0
March 26th, 2018, 02:29 AM
Nemo has an arrange by trash time right click option.

Perfect. Thank you much.