PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] Nautilus error - Not authorized to perform operation (udisks-error-quark, 4)

jtodd.fr
March 2nd, 2018, 03:12 PM
I use usbmount for auto mounting usb drive. But when using nautilus (1:3.18.4.is.3.14) navigate the usb drive trying to format the usb drive. nautilus complains "Not authorized to perform operation (udisks-error-quark, 4)". This looks like mount issue after searching on the internet. But managing to allow my user (u)mount, I add mount and umount file under /etc/sudoers.d/ with following contents.

<user> <host>=NOPASSWD: /bin/mount
[code]

[code]
<user> <host>=NOPASSWD: /bin/umount
[code]

Also in /etc/usbmount/usbmount.conf file, I added attributes

[code]
FS_MOUNTOPTIONS="uid=<my user account id>,gid=<my user account gid>,umask=022"

and retboot.

But it still complains "Not authorized to perform operation (udisks-error-quark, 4)". Is it possible to configure in allowing my user account to format the usb drive through nautilus?

Thanks

mc4man
March 2nd, 2018, 03:49 PM
In Ubuntu usb drives are mounted on insertion by default so what's the reason for using an app that was last updated in 2011?

jtodd.fr
March 2nd, 2018, 04:30 PM
Thanks for pointing out!

Previously I have a problem that usb didn't get detected/auto-mounted by nautilus so I then installed usbmount (Not sure why at that moment nautilus didn't work). Now removing usbmount fixes the problem.

Thanks again for the help.