PDA

View Full Version : Regarding remote "Home Office" - type workspace outfitting

accounts0
January 26th, 2018, 03:08 AM
While I haven't made a conscious effort to do anything like the kind of thorough research I'd expect to have to eventually do yet, I find myself wondering & wanting to look further into it lately... with regard to setting up my home office as a place to do both paid & personal computer based tasks. I'm under the impression that its a good idea to have a separate work area for paid work & another for personal stuff. But that sounds expensive- not something I can up & pull together in any amount of quickness.

Its crossed my mind that maybe just a visual thing to indicate work vs. leisure, maybe a flourescent overhead lamp I can turn on or off depending on who I'm working for?? Has anyone found that effective?

What works for this type of thing?

wildmanne39
January 26th, 2018, 03:16 AM
If you live in the U.S. and this is for tax purposes you need a separate room so you can get the write offs but if not then in my opinion it does not matter as long as you have quiet when you are working. I do not want to have this thread go any further into tax or government issues.

accounts0
January 26th, 2018, 03:24 AM
If you live in the U.S. and this is for tax purposes you need a separate room so you can get the write offs

I'm glad you mention it, as I'm just starting to look into it right now. This is all news to me at this point. I'll certainly look further into this facet of it.

I don't even know if I'll get the job yet, my mind wanders as if I will though, some of the day. :-)

Habitual
January 26th, 2018, 08:04 PM
I, being in the US of A work from home and all I do is "declare" that I have 48 sq feet (dimensions of my desk) of "workspace".

QIII
January 26th, 2018, 09:18 PM
If it has harsh flourescent lighting overhead, it's a work space.

If it has a disco ball overhead, it's a personal space.

If it has both, I want your rockin' job, dude!