PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct

Frank P
January 25th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Ubuntu 16.04LTS running the most recent upgrade hung when reached MySQL. Can't get the exact error line because when I try to rerun the upgrade I get the error in subject line
Running sudo dkpg --configure -a hangs at

Setting up mysql-server-5.7 (5.7.21-0ubuntu0.16.04.1) ...

This has happened several times in the past and I've had to eventually do a clean install. I'd rather not have to do it again.
I've tried everything I could find here, and by googling, but nothing works
Any other suggestions
Thanks
Frank

xptriado
January 27th, 2018, 08:21 PM
Ubuntu 16.04LTS running the most recent upgrade hung when reached MySQL. Can't get the exact error line because when I try to rerun the upgrade I get the error in subject line
Running sudo dkpg --configure -a hangs at

This has happened several times in the past and I've had to eventually do a clean install. I'd rather not have to do it again.
I've tried everything I could find here, and by googling, but nothing works
Any other suggestions
Thanks
Frank

i'm having the same issue.

does anyone know what it could be?

stuck at :

kiskrof
September 24th, 2018, 09:31 PM
I am having exactly the same issue too, when trying to install Calibre, Clementine and Amarok. The original post is from January 2018 and this is September 2018.... I installed my system yesterday (LTS 18.4) I could install Calibre a different way, going to the Calibre web page. I guess it works with other apps too. However, it would be cool to fix Ubuntu Software.

wildmanne39
September 25th, 2018, 01:07 AM
Old Thread Closed! If you need help please start your own thread, if you received this error:

sudo dpkg --configure -a
Then running that command usually fixes the issue.