PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Hard drives not being read in Windows post installing Ubuntu 17.10

vabshere
January 22nd, 2018, 01:50 AM
I have an Alienware r3 15 with Windows 10, NVIDIA GTX 106M (1060 Mobile), Intel i7 7th gen processor, 8 gb ram, 256 gb SSD and 1 tb HDD.
The thing is that my HDD stops getting read sometimes after I open my system in Windows 10 after I've installed Ubuntu. This problem has occured with both Ubuntu 16.04 LTS and 17.10. The drive start getting read once I restart my PC.
I am unable to find any solution to this problem anywhere. Please help.

yancek
January 22nd, 2018, 05:57 PM
Your HDD stops being read from UBuntu? Do you see a message of any kind? Could you post it? You also neglected to mention where windows and Ubuntu are installed, are they both on the SSD or one on the SSD and one on the 1TB drive? Is the HDD partition you are having problems reading from a windows fileysystem or a Linux filesystem? From which OS are you having trouble reading/accessing it? If you are having problems accessing an ntfs partition from Ubuntu it is likely that you have left the system hibernated while using windows and then booting UBuntu. If this isn't the situation, you will need to post more details.