PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Trying to use Ubuntu to diagnose Windows corruption boot repair

remmers
January 19th, 2018, 11:00 PM
A friend gave me his Toshiba L450D as it was running slow. I checked the updates and there were many that had failed. I backed up the data portions and went through the repair option in Win 10. I now have a system which shows me an error message with NO "OS" mesage at boot.
I am using UBUNTU on another machine and there is nothing more I would like to do than convert him. It might take some doing. I have created a Live USB and booted the system fine.
I have installed Boot-Repair and carried out the repair process. I have generated a report as suggested but the reboot did not work.
Can anyone advise me on what my next steps would be to help get him back up and running and save me £100 sending it back to Toshiba. When he purchased the machine we did make a recovery disc but it is lost.
I have an old WIN 7 disc which is from another system and it boots but cannot find an OS on the HDD.

I have the boot repair log file but I am unsure of the etiquette and security of posting.

Thanks in Advance.