PDA

View Full Version : [xubuntu] Annoying little problem - cosmetic - folder icon

mrouilla515
January 17th, 2018, 04:42 PM
I have an little cosmetic problem which I can't find a solution. One of my home folder (video) has an "emblem" sign stuck with it. It looks like a document with a question mark. There is no emblem assigned even though it did once. I removed it a while ago, but now this is stuck. I tried other icons theme and they don't have it. I have check the theme itself (places) and the video icon is fine. The folder permissions are the same as the other home folders and I can read and write in it. Nothing particular there.

Is there a way/path to remove that fake emblem ?
Tx

speartip
January 19th, 2018, 11:33 AM
Uploading a picture of exactly what you mean would help.
If I'm reading your problem correctly, it should just be a case of Right Clicking the folder icon, Properties, then Emblems & unticking the offending emblem.

mrouilla515
January 19th, 2018, 02:11 PM
No I which that would be that trivial. That "emblem" does not exist. It seems stuck there.

https://i.imgur.com/LTtxFqW.jpg

speartip
January 19th, 2018, 04:11 PM
So if it doesn't happen with other Icon Themes, then it's an issue with the Theme you are using. What is the Theme?

mrouilla515
January 19th, 2018, 05:19 PM
Funny some don't, some do, the newest ones mostly. I also though it was the theme but I install it on another machine (same Xfce 17.10) and it is fine there. Like I said I have check the theme movie icon and it is fine in the theme. The icon theme is Oranchelo (xfce-look.org).
Where are those links made emblem->folders ?

speartip
January 19th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Try renaming your videos folder to something else, then create a new videos folder and see if the problem persists with your new folder.

mrouilla515
January 19th, 2018, 05:30 PM
Funny I renamed Vidéos to Vidéo-old, it is gone. If I create again the Vidéos folder, there is goes again. Any other name and it is fine. That's a curse folder !

speartip
January 19th, 2018, 05:48 PM
Just a thing when you downloaded the Icon Theme, did you put it in your Home folder? or in /usr/share/icons? or did you install it as a ppa?

mrouilla515
January 19th, 2018, 09:19 PM
Download archive, extract and "sudo cp -R icon-folder /usr/share/icons"

speartip
January 19th, 2018, 10:24 PM
What I would do as a last resort is change to a different icon theme, delete the folder from /usr/share/icons. Then reinstall it via the ppa from here. Then change the theme back and see if there's any difference.
https://github.com/OrancheloTeam/oranchelo-icon-theme

mrouilla515
January 19th, 2018, 11:21 PM
Bof, I just leave it that way. The ppa has no support for 17.10.
Thanks.

speartip
January 20th, 2018, 10:25 AM
Bof, I just leave it that way. The ppa has no support for 17.10.
Thanks.

Possibly that's part of the problem. The theme hasn't been updated for nearly a year, & only seems aimed at the LTS versions.
When that's the case sometimes they're fine, sometimes not.
Like you say, if that's the only issue then it's no biggy.