PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] window size and locations reset after suspend in 17.10 and 18.04

semmypurewal
January 14th, 2018, 01:02 AM
Hey folks,

I've hit a frustrating problem and I'm hoping to find some help!

I installed 17.10 on a new Lenovo X1 Carbon laptop last month. All the hardware seems to work as expected! The default display size seems too big, though, so I opened 'Display' and set the 'Scale' to 100% (it was set to 200% by default). Other than that, it's a stock installation with no changes.

The problem is that when I reopen my laptop after closing the lid, several programs reset to the top left-hand corner of the desktop and reset to their default size. This doesn't seem to happen with all programs, but Firefox and Terminal (two of the programs I use most frequently) seem to exhibit the issue nearly 100% of the time. I can grab before/after screenshots if anyone thinks it would help.

I've been running 17.04 on an older Lenovo Carbon, and haven't had any issues with it (presumably because 17.04 is still using Unity). I thought maybe it was a bug that would be fixed for 18.04, so I installed the nightly for that but I still see the issue. I may go back to 17.04 until the problem is fixed, but I'd very much prefer not to.

It's worth noting that I haven't been able to repro the issue when the display scale is set to 200%, but I also can't keep it at that because the machine is almost unusable for me at that size.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

Semmy