PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] How to factory reset Lubuntu/ format Lubuntu from zero

felipeaamacedo
January 11th, 2018, 06:16 PM
Hello my friends, here I come to ask you all another question!

I have an old Netbook that is running Lubuntu 16.04 for over a while. Though, I need a fester laptop, and I decided to sell this Netbook on the internet. So, my question here is, is there any way to format Lubuntu from zero, and let the buyer set its password, and everything? Something like when you factory resetting your android phone, and you have to setup everything again, username, passwords, and so on.

Thank you very much, I really appreciate the community support.

sudodus
January 11th, 2018, 06:47 PM
1. You can make an OEM installation of Ubuntu. See this link,

Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Ubuntu_OEM_Installer_Overview)

It works with Lubuntu too (according to the instructions in the link above).

Edit:

1. You can log in and do some tweaking (if you wish).

2. The OEM system puts an icon on the desktop 'Prepare for shipping ...'. It starts a program, that makes the final preparation start after rebooting. So when you are happy with the system, you run 'Prepare for shipping ...', and the system is ready for the buyer.

2. Otherwise you can wipe the drive and then provide Lubuntu in a cheap USB pendrive, and instruct the buyer how to install it.

felipeaamacedo
January 24th, 2018, 04:37 AM
Thanks SUDODUS! That was exactly what I was looking for!

sudodus
January 24th, 2018, 07:21 AM
You are welcome :-)

Please click on Thread Tools at the top of the page and mark this thread as SOLVED