PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu_budgie] Gnome Shell Extensions Not Installable in Budgie-Ubuntu 17.10

mirmos192
January 2nd, 2018, 03:00 PM
I'm using Budgie-Ubuntu 17.10. Fresh installation.
I have gnome-shell installed and Gnome and Ubuntu desktops as alternative logins. Gnome-Shell extensions do work perfectly well for me under these alternative desktop logins.
But not under my default Budgie login. It simply won't allow installation of shell extensions via Software or via any of my browsers.
All I get is a message 'no_gnome_shell' in Firefox and similar messages in Chromium and Opera. There is no specific message in Budgie 'Software', just failure to install.
Has anybody found a solution or workaround for this specific problem using Budgie-Ubuntu installation?

Frogs Hair
January 2nd, 2018, 03:12 PM
Budgie, though gnome based for now has it's own desktop settings and does not use the gnome-shell so extensions won't work.

davidmohammed
January 2nd, 2018, 05:22 PM
which gnome-shell extensions are you trying to install? I'm curious because we have developed few budgie applets that are now available in our backports repo. Are there any extensions that have a wide appeal that we haven't covered with the backports applets?

Frogs Hair
January 2nd, 2018, 07:51 PM
which gnome-shell extensions are you trying to install? I'm curious because we have developed few budgie applets that are now available in our backports repo. Are there any extensions that have a wide appeal that we haven't covered with the backports applets?

I concur that the backports repo offers some really useful applets making Budgie an extremely productive DE.

mirmos192
January 8th, 2018, 05:36 PM
Apologies for not responding sooner.
In answer to your question - just a few minor things, like 'add username to top panel', plus there were some offering extended sound options. Nothing critical. I will explore backports repo. Thanks David