PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Won't let me install Ubuntu?

leonetics
December 31st, 2017, 05:37 PM
I am trying to install Ubuntu 16.04 but I am having problems. The "Test Desktop" starts but the "Install" will not work. It shows a "System Program Problem" message and loads the "Test Desktop" instaid. I have the drive formatted as and I am using a 16Gb Bootable USB to install Ubuntu 16.04.

Note: I have been using Ubuntu for a few days but wiped my system voluntarily to start a new.

Any Help would be appreciated.
Thanks.

slickymaster
December 31st, 2017, 05:55 PM
Thread moved to Installation & Upgrades.

yancek
December 31st, 2017, 06:35 PM
Some information on how new/old your hardware is with some detail.
From your post, it seems that your computer now has no operating system on it, is that correct?
You have the drive formatted as...?, as what? Namely what filesystem type? Single partition?
Do you get any more detail than "system program problem", if so what?

leonetics
December 31st, 2017, 06:47 PM
Im not fully sure what my hardware is as it is a 2008 Pacard Bell Touchscreen PC, all I can say is it has an Intel Pentium inside. It has no operating system and is a single partition formatted as ext4. And i only get a system program problem. Sorry this is the only info i can give, ill post any more i can get.

Autodave
January 1st, 2018, 07:24 PM
Older machine: without knowing the specs you may be better off looking at Xubuntu. Can you give us the model of the machine? It may be listed on the keyboard or possibly under the unit.