PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 17.1 Wifi Stuck at "connecting"

abhishes
December 18th, 2017, 02:38 AM
I know the internet is full of the same thread... but I am not able to resolve my problem my googling. I have spent the whole day trying to solve this so please bear with me.

I installed Ubuntu 17.1 on a custom built PC. The PC has the following WiFi card

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIABG954D3777

During the installation, ubuntu seamlessly discovered the card and it also shows me available networks.

However when I click on my home network it just gets stuck at "connecting".

All settings are automatic (DHCP). I know 100% that the password is correct.

But ubuntu just won't connect to my WiFI ..... I tried restarting the network-manager service (service network-manager restart)

but nothing..... nothing seems to work.

Autodave
December 18th, 2017, 01:13 PM
"I know 100% that the password is correct."

Does it keep asking you for your password? I have run into a couple where I had problems with the password not being recognized: my Dell laptop for instance. What I have to do is make a text file with my password it in. I then copy and paste my password into the box when prompted for it.

walts48
December 18th, 2017, 03:02 PM
"I know 100% that the password is correct."

Does it keep asking you for your password? I have run into a couple where I had problems with the password not being recognized: my Dell laptop for instance. What I have to do is make a text file with my password it in. I then copy and paste my password into the box when prompted for it.

I just Restart and it connects for me.