PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] no bootloader is installed in the mbr of /dev/sda

chery1232
December 7th, 2017, 08:06 AM
Hey everyone.
I have dual boot of Windows 10 and ubuntu 16.04.
I don't know why but I accidentatly deleted some partitions related to bootload and to linux.
Now While booting, I don't get the grub graaphical interface, I'm direct to grub command lign grub> ,
When trying "shift", I was able to access to windows, but with ubuntu I'm always redirected to grub prompt.
I have tried with boot repair, but nothing happened, and I get "no bootloader is installed in the mbr of /dev/sda" in the boot info file,
I am confused, how can I resolve the problem without having to reinstall ubuntu again,
thank you,

ajgreeny
December 7th, 2017, 11:56 AM
See Boot-Repair in my signature below and follow the instructions there to run the Boot-Info-Script again showing us all the info.

Do not run the default repair just yet but simply copy back here the pastebin link you get which will show us a lot more about your system than you have told us so far.

You say
I have tried with boot repair, but nothing happened, and I get "no bootloader is installed in the mbr of /dev/sda" in the boot info file, I am confused, how can I resolve the problem without having to reinstall ubuntu again,
but we need more than that to assist, but it seems likely from that comment that there is a BIOS/UEFI problem which may be easy to solve once we know what's wrong.