PDA

View Full Version : Ever got the writer's block but for programming?

nnnnnn2
November 30th, 2017, 04:00 AM
As in you got to a point where you want to develop your own program but you have no real idea what to create?
Seems like everyone already coded everything XD.

uRock
November 30th, 2017, 05:20 AM
If only I knew how to code. Lots of projects and not the knowledge to make them happen.

lisati
November 30th, 2017, 05:46 AM
It has been a few years since I've done any kind of programming. Other than a few php based web pages (do PHP and HTML count? Not exactly), the last coding I did was for a utility for XP to clean out its temporary directories, at least 10 years ago. I think I did versions in both C and FreeBasic.

QIII
November 30th, 2017, 07:04 AM
Every morning for about 30 minutes after getting to my office while I wait for the coffee to kick in.

nnnnnn2
November 30th, 2017, 09:18 AM
If only I knew how to code. Lots of projects and not the knowledge to make them happen.
Maybe we should team up then XDD

nnnnnn2
November 30th, 2017, 09:25 AM
It has been a few years since I've done any kind of programming. Other than a few php based web pages (do PHP and HTML count? Not exactly), the last coding I did was for a utility for XP to clean out its temporary directories, at least 10 years ago. I think I did versions in both C and FreeBasic.
Cool Stuff
Code Related I know c but not FreeBasic However right now, I'm more into nasm 86x. In fact I'm (Or I was should I say) Working on a mini os using quemu to test. However all my efforts seem rewardless. I just don't know/understand some of the fundamentals of how memory works, it just wont click. Too bad :p

nnnnnn2
November 30th, 2017, 09:27 AM
Every morning for about 30 minutes after getting to my office while I wait for the coffee to kick in.

Eks Dee.

bcschmerker
December 4th, 2017, 08:28 AM
:-S Sure did, in terms of scripts for any OS. Automating on-login and on-logout commands is something I never figured out, either in Red Hat®:

#!/bin/bash
...in ubuntu®:

#!/bin/dash
...or in Win 10:

'!C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Cmd.exe
...If-then-else-fi's, case-of-do-esac's, and other conditionals give me the shivers - one false move and I might blow the rig....