PDA

View Full Version : installed Kodi now I can't get back to Ubuntu desktop

jrf50
November 27th, 2017, 10:20 PM
Ubuntu 17.10 was working fine until I installed Kodi from terminal following directions on Kodi download page. Now when I exit Kodi, it takes me to sign in and when I sign in it takes me straight to Kodi 17.6. The only thing I see in the upper right hand corner is the wi-fi, speaker and battery icons. There seems to be no way to access the terminal or Gnome home page. Any suggestions?

1fallen
November 27th, 2017, 10:45 PM
On the login screen>>by the user name>>just below that there should be a cog click that>> is there any other options like gnome?

QIII
November 27th, 2017, 10:53 PM
Moved to Desktop Environments

It appears that you installed Kodi and made it your desktop environment. I've fooled around with Kodi just long enough to know that you can undo that, but I'm not familiar enough to tell you how.

deadflowr
November 28th, 2017, 05:00 AM
On the login screen>>by the user name>>just below that there should be a cog click that>> is there any other options like gnome?

In 17.10 the cog shows after you click the username under the password field next to the sign in button.

(Unfortunately I don't think it shows in the main login screen (after you select the login session) what you choose so you need to live on blind faith that what you choose is what you choose.;
ie, click on the Ubuntu selection should set it to log into Ubuntu's normal desktop)

1fallen
November 29th, 2017, 12:50 AM
In 17.10 the cog shows after you click the username under the password field next to the sign in button.

My fingers were typing so fast they forgot that part...:shock:
Keep me on my toe's deadflowr and thanks for making that clear. :)
Best Regards