PDA

View Full Version : 17.10: two fingers on touchpad changes desktops, which prevents scrolling of windows

hldaoane
November 21st, 2017, 11:31 AM
In Ubuntu 17.10, Gnome3 desktop I have the unwanted behaviour that a two finger touchpad scroll does not primarily scroll the window below the pointer but instead flips through all open desktops in high speed. Any help in turning this back to normal behaviour (i.e. only scrolling in windows) is very appreciated!
A two finger scroll on the touchpad has the following effect:
- very, very slow - the window is scrolled very, very slowly
- a slight in increase in speed over the touchpad causes Gnome-shell to flip/scroll through all open desktops, which (obviously) prevents further scrolling of the window below the mouse pointer
- disabling two finger scroll on touchpad in the Settings disables also the flipping/scrolling through desktops
- the only application where I until now have observed normal scrolling behaviour (as expected) is LibreOffice, but as soon as the mouse pointer leaves the LibreOffice window, desktops are changed instead of scrolling (this happens, for example, when the terminal or Firefox are in focus and below the mouse pointer)
- this behaviour is independent of third-party multitouch software, i.e. it doesn't matter whether touchegg is installed and running or not

Thank you for any help!