PDA

View Full Version : [SOLVED] System program problem detected during install of 16.04

rapattack
November 19th, 2017, 02:35 PM
I downloaded the iso from the Ubuntustudio site and tried first to straight install but i vaguely remember an error that said there could be something wrong with the hard drive. I doubt thats the case as have not had issues before. I then tried using livedvd(same iso) and then installing. It kept going round and round with the same error/box saying 'system program problem detected' so i dont know how to proceed. I have googled but got nothing i understand

oldos2er
November 19th, 2017, 06:19 PM
Some basic information would help to answer your question: Hardware specs? UEFI or MBR? Is there an existing OS on the computer now? Did you md5sum (https://help.ubuntu.com/community/HowToMD5SUM) or otherwise check the ISO prior to burning it?

rapattack
November 20th, 2017, 01:23 PM
Hi the only specs i have is the name of the MB and ram. I cant seem to get into the bios. I dont know why. The MB is Gigabyte GA-H55M-D2H and it has 2 x 4gb ddr3 ram. I didnt do the check of the iso...sorry i have no good workflow with these things i am afraid. Had such a lot of success just putting a dvdlive or cdlive in or straight installing that this has never been an issue. I dont know what UEFI is but is MBR master boot record?

loveland1
November 21st, 2017, 03:12 AM
Login using the terminal e.g. "sudo login". The system problem will be revealed after which you can copy and paste that info to this thread.

rapattack
November 21st, 2017, 03:27 AM
Hi how do i login if there is no os installed?

photonxp
November 21st, 2017, 10:45 AM
@rapattack (https://ubuntuforums.org/member.php?u=216499) Can you remember the steps of your installation and post them here? The more details the better.

rapattack
November 21st, 2017, 12:35 PM
No i suffer short term memory loss. I dont think anything relevent. I used to the gui to install. I have tried using livedvd and am trying again. I did memtest today and something about testing the disc?

rapattack
November 22nd, 2017, 03:18 AM
Good news after doing all of the above the machine decided to allow the install :) i am in and now installing all the applications i need :)

rapattack
November 28th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Turns out i also had the wrong install. So now have installed 64bit version as i wasnt able to install skype