PDA

View Full Version : [Ubuntu has been blocked by current security policy] out of nowhere

onemuffin
November 13th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Hello everyone.

I'm the happy owner of a Lenovo Y50-70 Laptop that runs Windows 10 and Ubuntu (17.10) in dual boot.

I never had issues with it, it's been running for years with no issues on both OS.
Now, out of nowhere, when I turn it on GRUB doesn't even appear. I only get the message "UBUNTU HAS BEEN BLOCKED BY CURRENT PRIVACY POLICY", and then it boots up in Windows.

I've tried contacting Lenovo tech support and got suggested to reinstall Windows, which I already did (I have a lazy way to deal with problems).
Still, nothing.

I've looked up for the problem and got suggested to change UEFI firmware settings (by rebooting the PC while holding shift and navigating the menus). When I get there, I get the error 800704D3 (I googled it and got to nothing, some Vista related topics from 2003 that have nothing to do with my case)

I've tried accessing to BIOS settings (f2 while booting) and tried to toggle off the "secure boot" option, but the problem persists.

So... any idea?