PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] Ubuntu 17.10 problem with filesystem.squashfs

DieFohlen
November 12th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Hello,

For a long time I tried to install on my laptop to install on it new Ubuntu 17.10 (so far I have Ubuntu 17.04). I have trouble loading ISO into a USB stick. Every time I load ISO on a pendrive (I tested 5 and bought 6 new!) Pops up the message:

(initramfs) mount: mounting / dev / loop0 on //filesystem.squashfs failed: Invalid argument
Can not mount / dev / loop0 (/cdrom/casper/filesystem.squashfs) on //filesystem.squashfs

Interestingly, I tested the pendrive on another computer and it works. And on my laptop (Kiano Slimnote 14.1) pops up error ... so far every linux I installed was no problem ...

My laptop has UEFI. I have disabled the secure boot.

I installed ISO using Unetbooin and Rufus (on windows). I tried other Linux installs but all the time the same error. Can anyone help?

Regards

terrykscott57
November 12th, 2017, 02:50 PM
You say your laptop has UEFI
Are the pendrives you are trying to install from UEFI?
I needed to create a UEFI FAT partition on my SD card, unpacked the ISO to it using startup disk creator then booted to the UEFI on my bios rather than the device direct.
Just a thought

dino99
November 12th, 2017, 02:53 PM
i have had too much bad experience some times ago with unetbootin, so i've made an other choice: liveusb.info and installing from netboot mini iso
https://www.pendrivelinux.com/liveusb-install-live-usb-creator/

jeremy31
November 12th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Moved to installations & Upgrades as 17.10 has been released

DieFohlen
November 12th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Yes, I know that I can update, but I want to do disk format and install clean linux, but it is still error, no matter what Linux I install. Always the same mistake.

Interesting that pendrives work on other laptops. Only on my laptop is the error. Maybe something with GRUB?