PDA

View Full Version : [kubuntu] dolphin does not show copy process ... (17.X)

ritchie-w
November 11th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Hello,

I do not know at which time I lost my notifications, but I have lost them.

So when I copy a big amoung of files, I do not see anymore the process of copien files in the task bar.

How can I restore this ?

I am using kubuntu 17.10 now.

Best regards
R.

SeijiSensei
November 11th, 2017, 09:31 PM
I haven't used 17.10, but on 14.04 (KDE4), if you right-click on the notifications icon in the task bar and choose Settings, there is an option for "file transfers." Make sure the box is checked.

ritchie-w
November 11th, 2017, 10:47 PM
Hi,

I already noticed this setting and forgot the mention it.

I guess the related software service is no longer running/installed, but I do not know, which
is needed to show this.

Best regards
R.

vasa1
November 12th, 2017, 02:47 AM
I'm not sure, but if you look at the status bar, you may see a small circle with an incrementing number and the circle disappears when the files are copied. Then, there's also a pop-up that tells you the copying is done. Do you not see either?

Edit: the circle has "1" in it. If you hover your mouse pointer over it, it says something about one job running. There is a blue animation going around the circumference. This animation thickens inwards as more files are copied.

Also, the target folder, if its name full name appears in the status bar, has a rather faint progress overlay.

Then, when the job is done, the circle disappears, the overlay on the target folder disappears, and a transient notification appears and vanishes after a while.

All this is in VirtualBox 5.2 with a relatively untweaked Kubuntu 17.10. On bare metal, things may happen much faster and give the impression that nothing happened!

ritchie-w
November 12th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Hi vasi,

this is not shown in my configuration.

I check this by copien a folder with 6 GB data which takes a little bit of time.

best regards
R.

vasa1
November 12th, 2017, 01:41 PM
Does your System Settings > Notifications > Other Notifications look like what I've attached?

ritchie-w
November 12th, 2017, 04:46 PM
Hello Vasa1,

>Does your System Settings > Notifications > Other Notifications look like what I've attached?
I have the same settings.
Best regards
R.

vasa1
November 12th, 2017, 04:59 PM
I'm out of ideas. You could ask over at https://www.kubuntuforums.net/.

ritchie-w
November 12th, 2017, 05:06 PM
Thanks for your help