PDA

View Full Version : [ubuntu] i can not recovery a fresh ubuntu 17.10

jahstation
November 10th, 2017, 11:47 AM
Hi ive just finish to install my ubuntu 17.10 over a laptop with mate desktop!ive a dual boot machine with windows 7 as first partition, then an extend that contains: /, another for /home, another swap, another ntfs for data;Before the crash i just update by ppa mine Nvidia drivers (gt540M) to the suggested "tested" one: driver: 384.98 for Linux 64-bit.Then without reboot I formatted the "ntfs data partition".At the next reboot, system won't start and show me:rescue mode with this mex: "Welcome to emergency mode! After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view system logs, " Press Enter for maintenance (or press Control-D to continue):If press enter, i cannot work over the shell!Even if I access to in the rescue mode i can not operate over the shell , for the same reason as before: many command are not recognised and they ask me to reinstall it or even they catch wrong typing! even simple command like "ls" fails!fsck not work too!any suggestion to understand what ive done wrong and how to fix it.cheers