PDA

View Full Version : [lubuntu] Lubuntu on Netbook eee pc 1000H Graphics Problem



nanopixel
November 5th, 2017, 11:47 PM
Hello altogether, I'm new here!
Today I installed Lubuntu 17.10 on my Asus EEE PC 1000H. The installation worked totally fine. In the end I was prompted to restart, I said OK and then followed the first boot of the new installed system: Screen flickering during boot and it ends in the view I attached as photograph. Graphics totally screwed (but not frozen). In the small area at the right I can click buttons and stuff...
What to do now?
N

EDIT: Attaching of graphics seems not possible, here the link
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5khdj3c22t5vgb9/IMG_1873.JPG?dl=0

andre.s
November 6th, 2017, 02:24 PM
I have the same problem with a Samsung NC10... I booted from USB using the 17.10 live system (which worked flawlessly) and installed Lubuntu; after rebooting the screen was partially scrambled - a vertical stripe on the right side of about 20% screen width shows the normal desktop section, the remaining 80% is mainly black with a small number of white pixels distributed randomly across the upper part.

bill.schreyer
November 6th, 2017, 03:01 PM
I have same issue BUT, after shutting down, via the pointer and icon in the top screen right and restarting (same mixed up screen), I tried the power switch.
A quick press apparently went to the standby mode.
I paused and a second press brought the eepc out of standby and guess what?
The user login screen appears!
I was able to login.

Later, after inactivity, the PC went to what appears to be a standby mode that I am not able to get it out of with the power switch.

mrgs
November 6th, 2017, 05:55 PM
https://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=2376580

andre.s
November 8th, 2017, 01:21 PM
I can confirm that putting the netbook into standby mode helps; after returning from standby the UI is displayed correctly.
However, this is just a tiresome workaround.

mrgs
November 8th, 2017, 06:16 PM
There are other workarounds but they are more or less similar to the one you described.
Another option is doing a fresh install of 17.04 and run it until January when support runs out. At that time take a look at 17.10 again.

nanopixel
November 28th, 2017, 01:35 PM
I also confirm that putting the netbook to suspend and rewake it solves the problem.
This workaround is good enough while waiting for a permanent solution.
Thanks all.