PDA

View Full Version : Ubuntu 17.04 is buggy and slow

russkyca
October 29th, 2017, 04:02 PM
I find Ubuntu 17.04 to be awful. I sure hope 17.10 is leaps better or it might be time to move to another distro.

17.04 just crashes, freezes and I keeping getting messages upon bootup after it happens......something about an orphaned diode. The frustration is growing and the patience is growing thin.

In my opinion, Ubuntu 17.04 is the worst edition yet and Kubuntu was awful as well - it was even worse and it was so buggy with my phone that I switched to Gnome. When will Ubuntu iron out the bugs of these two Desktop Environments and fix the freezing of their OS (it occurs in all editions)?!?

I hope 17.10 is better or it might be time for Mint (to see if they do it better) or Debian, perhaps.

coffeecat
October 29th, 2017, 04:27 PM
something about an orphaned diode.

Probably an orphaned inode, which suggests you may have filesystem corruption. And if you have filesystem corruption, that might explain the crashing and the freezing. Or if there is another reason for the freezing, that might explain the filesystem corruption and the orphaned inode(s). Either way, if you want help with this, you are very welcome to start a thread in a support section. But if you do, please ease up on the negativity.

For what it's worth, 17.04 has been snappy, stable and reliable for me, but I don't have any orphaned inodes - or diodes for that matter - on any of my systems.

coffeecat
October 29th, 2017, 04:30 PM
Oh, and thread closed. There are plenty of other threads to discuss 17.10 and we can do without the negativity. "The frustration is growing and the patience is growing thin" amongst the staff about this sort of posting style.